- Construction is 30% complete with an anticipated completion date of late 2023.
- 6,800 linear feet (14M pounds!) of sheet piles have been installed. 40% complete!
The Huntington Beach Channel and Talbert Channel Repair Project reaches 30% completion during Spring 2022.
This project is vital to your community’s safety and the protection of your home during major storm events. This project will:
• Maintain existing level of flood capacity
• Improve levees for seismic resiliency
• Meet levee recertification requirement
Are there any consequences of not completing project?
Yes, homeowners could be reintroduced into the floodplain and be required to pay mandatory flood insurance premiums.
Curious about the next items on our punch list? The following items are our planned activities:
• Curbs and Gutters
• Maintenance Road
• Pavement Repairs
• Fiber-reinforced plastic caps
• Cable Railing
The bridge located at Eader Park in Huntington Beach will be opening in September 2022! We’re looking forward to its completion and can’t wait for you enjoy this upgrade to your community connections!
Teejay Areopagita, Civil Engineer